Monday, March 30, 2009

soouhp la la

More French Lentil this month. I think it is officially my favorite, both in terms of eating and cooking. I love this soup. And I think the public likes this soup too - its always very popular even though many people ask "What is lentil?" Hmmm.. its a small, nutritious bean, I say.

This month's soup cycle had a hitch, as is now customary for each time we do this...there's always something that gets f-ed up. It started because I sold the silver fancy bike that the bob trailer fit perfectly with, but I was very happily riding my little yellow motobecane for the month of March. I (stupidly) did not make an attempt to fit bob's nuts onto the yellow bike until the morning of soup cycle, after I had already bought all of my ingredients and they were safely tucked into the blue cooler, ready to be wheeled to south lake union and made into soup.

It started by taking the wheel off, in a non-quick-release way. Then, we proceeded to pull out the thinga-ma-jigger inside the wheel hub and after awhile a bunch of ball bearings fell out onto the floor in a greasy lump. nice.

looking at the hole for the yellow bike's wheel as compared with bob's nuts, the two were never going to work well together - a doomed relationship. A flawed stimulus package. A limp, and lame, situation.

The only solution was to load the ingredients into the car as Mark hopped on his bike and rode down to CWB. We cooked there as usual and Brian, bless his Irish soul, was there with bike and trailer, and ready to heat a delicious potato soup alongside our lentil operation. In the end it worked out because I had a meeting to be at and Mark and Brian biked the soup in his trailer, while I went to discuss matters much less interesting...

So HUGE thanks to Brian and Mark for cooking and biking, to Maya for donating money for ingredients, and to Ali for donating a hand blender (carried all the way from Pittsburgh).

The next step is to buy a new bike. sorry yellow, but i need one that works for bob.
love, shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment