Tuesday, February 24, 2009

trailer envy

Thank yous all around for a great soup cycle this month.

Brian: thanks for making coffee, split pea soup, chopping garlic, bringing containers, bread and spoons, and for cycling around with me! It was a good day.
Scott: thanks for letting me borrow your big fancy pot.
Julia and Ryan: thanks for the cauliflower & use of the hand blender.
Jean: thanks for the beautiful organic broccoli.
Josh: thanks for chopping onions until we were all bleary eyed.
Merle: thanks for bringing containers.
Soccer people: thanks for showing me how the trailer is actually supposed to attach to the bike...

perhaps I shouldn't admit this, but when Brian and I were out cycling around I kept having issues with the bob coming off the spoke spike (?). Finally Brian bunjeed the sucker on and we didn't have any more problems. Turns out I was using the pin in the completely wrong way. Brian's trailer is a two-wheeler with a big vinyl platform to set things on -it seems a good deal sturdier than the bob. I also think my issue was not having a kick stand. When I wanted to stop and hand out soup it was really hard to keep the whole system upright with one hand.

The cool thing was that lots of people are really interested in the trailers. They ask lots of questions and I think perhaps see it as a way to haul their own stuff around. It would be cool if a local bike organization started a bike & trailer lending system to homeless and/or carless people, or really any people...hint, hint Bikery? http://www.thebikery.org/

Speaking of the Bikery, I'm headed over there tomorrow to see if my sweet little yellow bike can be salvaged. I currently have 4 bikes with the recent purchase of a rusty old cruiser (my new market bike that I'm going to fix up) and for someone in transition, thats just two too many bikes.

OK, back to the thesis paper. I would tell y'all about it, but it has nothing to do with soup or bikes. Sadly.

thank you again, everybody, for your love & support of this project.
shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment